* 2 tablespoons butter
* 1/4 cup shallots, minced
* 3/4 cup dry white wine
* 3 pounds mussels, cleaned and debearded
* 1 tomato diced (May use 1 can of diced tomatoes)
* 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
* 1/2 tsp of Balsamic Vinegar
* 1/2 tsp of Olive Oil
* ground black pepper to taste
* salt to taste
1. Dice your tomato and put it in a small bowl,mix in pepper,salt,balsamic vinegar,olive oil and a pinch of parsley. Cover and place in the refrigerator.(If using the canned tomatoes this step is not necessary)
2. In a medium stock pot, heat butter over medium heat. Add shallots and saute until translucent.
3. Pour in wine and mussels. Raise heat to medium/high and steam mussels until shells open, about 5 minutes.
4. Pour mussels and cooking liquid into a serving bowl, sprinkle with parsley and freshly ground black pepper to taste. Serve immediately.